Council Response to COVID-19
Pilgrim Women's Fellowship
Meetings will resume on Thursday, January 7, at 10:00 a.m. The location will be outdoors under the portico of the Front Entrance to the Sanctuary. Please bring your own lawn chair. Church protocols for wearing masks and social distancing will be followed.
Lonely? Sad? Discouraged?
Are you or a friend going through a tough time—emotionally or spiritually? Struggling with a crisis in life? Or simply feeling down?
Consider letting a Stephen Minister help. A Stephen Minister is a member of our congregation who is trained to listen, care, encourage, pray, and walk alongside you during difficult times. It’s confidential, free, and very helpful.
To request a Stephen Minister or to learn more about the program, please reach out to Wini Bender at 941-875-4682.
Boy Scouts of America
The BSA serves duly constituted, community-based organizations and offers an educational resource program based on duty to God and duty to country. Pilgrim church serves as chartered organization to Troop and Pack 351 – boy scouts and cub scouts. The chartered organization provides leadership, meeting facilities, encouragement, and other support as needed. In return, the boys perform flag ceremonies, at special services, cook breakfast on Scout Sunday, and collect food donations for the church food pantry, just to name a few activities that are mutually beneficial.
The Boy Scouts meet every Monday evening at 7:00 PM during the school year in the Pilgrim Church Community Center, Cub Scouts meet on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM. Summer programming varies. Please contact church office for more information.
Small Group Protocols
- Practice physical distancing.
- Masks are required and must be worn at all times while in the building with others around.
- Groups consisting of 10 people or less can meet inside. Groups with more than 10 people are welcome to meet under the portico where it is easier to physically distance from each other. Please bring your own folding chair, mainly because they are easier to manage.
- Completely sanitize chairs, tables, table clothes, etc. when finished.
- Contact the office immediately if you have attended a church function and test positive for COVID or begin to show symptoms. We will immediately begin contact tracing.
The Sunday Morning Adult Bible Study Group meets at 9:15 AM in the Library. Discussion led by David and Judi Wilson, currently studying the book of Psalms.
There are online studies you can subscribe to here.
Joyful Noise Learning Center
Our School offers low ratios in a Christian, high-quality educational environment. The curriculum is full of fun and adventurous activities in a faith-based atmosphere. Program hours are 7:00 am – 6:00 pm for one year olds thru fifth graders. We are both (NAC) National Accreditation Commission Accredited and Gold Seal Accredited.
Joyful Noise Learning Center Mission Statement
Pilgrim United Church of Christ is a community responding to God’s call. Our mission is to reach out to all people and help them grow in their faith and to know God personally.
JOYFUL NOISE is a ministry of Pilgrim Church. We believe childhood is precious. In a world where children are often forced to grow up too soon we offer a community of gentleness and safety where Christian values of kindness, honestly, and respect of God and others are taught with loving care.
JOYFUL NOISE provides creative learning experiences that are developmentally appropriate and nurture children to thrive intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, socially, artistically and physically. We instill a genuine love of learning while providing a broad, challenging and stimulating education. We promote self-reliance and establish a supportive and nurturing learning environment for students of varied talents and abilities.
We maintain a strong, inclusive, family atmosphere committed to Christian values while honoring the socioeconomic, ethnic and religious diversity within our school community.
Mission Outreach Ministry
- Food Pantry is currently available on the 2nd & 4th Monday of each month.
- PB&J Sandwich Makers assemble the classic comfort food for the homeless on the 3rd Thursday of each month.
- Serving at the Homeless Coalition on 3rd & 5th Fridays every month.